American Truck Simulator is now available in version 1.31 as an open beta update for Steam users. This new ATS patch brings various updates such as simulated trailer cables, new bottom dumper trailers, filter option for job and cargo search and more minor updates such as an automatic parking break (for example if your truck spawns in another location).
- Power/air lines between truck and trailer(s)
- Improved mirror rendering (head position-based FOV, properly curved mirrors)
- New road through Yosemite added (CA-120)
- New trailers (bottom dumpers)
- Job selection screens have new filter and cargo search elements (will be added later)
- Parking brake automatically ON after truck spawn (g_park_brake_init)
- Screenshot name format now based on date and time
- Increased precision trip data (dashboard computer display)
- Fixed torque converter locking
- Fixed damaged predefined trucks in dealers and quick jobs
- Fixed trailer damage reporting
- Fixed HDR interpolation
- New terrain brushes in the map editor
- Dropped support of the old maps (pre 4.38, due to brushes)
- A trailer could be registered as standalone or not
- Variable shift length
- Truck dealer trucks are not on the list anymore, the game reads all units in given directory
- Steerable wheel independent on wheel model
- Dropped support for old attributes
There are also more minor updates and some that mod creators should know (especially map creators). To read this go to SCS’s blog post.
If you want to participate in the ATS open beta follow these steps: right click on American Truck Simulator game on your Steam client, click Properties, got to the Betas tab and select the public_beta. Select the 1.31 public beta (current one).