American Truck Simulator 1.40 is now released as a full update. It was a beta update but now it has a stable release. To update to ATS 1.40 you just need to open Steam and it will automatically do the work. Just like always, we bring you mods for the latest version, the best ATS 1.40 mods.
As mentioned before, literally the highlight of this update is the new lighting. After working a lot to reskin and adapt the models and all the world in ATS, it’s now official. We certainly love it and it takes American Truck Simulator to the next level. You can read more about the inner workings of this project on SCS’s blog. Also below we left a video where you can learn more about what’s new.
American Truck Simulator patch 1.40 change log:
- New visual lighting system
- An overall update to road signage
- New service signs added to CO, ID, UT, and WA
- Fast food brands introduced to several other locations outside of CO
- Additional viewpoints in New Mexico & Oregon DLC’s
- New 4×2, 8×4, and 8×6 chassis
- Western Star 49X update including sleeper variants, set-back configurations, and new customizations
- Full-text city/company search in the job selection screen
- Improved vehicle adjustment menu (F4)
We took a more in depth look at all the new features on our previous article about ATS patch 1.40. Go there and read some more. So for now, we’re looking forward to give you some news about the upcoming DLCs. These would be the ATS Wyoming DLC and, more recently, ATS Texas map expansion. Make sure to follow us on Facebook to stay up to date!