American Truck Simulator is always getting significant updates. As we mentioned in a recent post, ATS patch 1.44 is released and now it’s official, no just beta! Therefore, let’s just make a quick recap of the main features that are included. Find the best ATS 1.44 mods on our website! Check them out.
- 2nd Phase of California Rework
California was updated for free for any owner of American Truck Simulator. The following cities are rebuilt from the ground up: Eureka, Ukiah, Sacramento, Redding, and Truckee. There’s new architecture, landmarks and roads. In addition, the city of San Rafael is now deleted but a new one will be included in the next Phase. We are looking forward to that!
- Border connections for several cities in New Mexico refreshed
- Some New Mexico cities received road network reworks
- Unmarked Road Exploration
If you can find those Easter eggs in the ATS map and drive there, they will now be marked on you map as a dashed road. Now you’ll be able to easily return to that hidden road any time.
- General Map Bug Fixes
- Mod Refund Feature
Basically, this applies if you spend money on modifications on your truck from a mod. If you delete that mod or it becomes incompatible, you will be refunded for those parts.
- Licensed vs Aftermarket UI in browsers
There’s four new categories for truck parts:
- Factory part – A stock part sold by the manufacturer (including interiors)
- Licensed part – Anything that is officially licensed that is not produced by truck factory
- Aftermarket part – Any additional accessory that is not related to the brand.
- Unknown part – A part that is not recognised or in some cases, a third party modification.
- Force Feedback Upgrade
- Adjustable Suspension Height
Now you can lower or adjust your truck suspension to your desired height in ATS! That’s a pretty realistic feature.
- Interior Camera Horizontal Lock
- Smart Sequential Shifting
Short explanation from SCS Software: when you shift up or down sequentially, it will automatically shift by more gears at once based on the current torque or speed.
- New Special Transport Routes
- New Freightliner Cascadia 2022 Interior Options
- Ownable Drop Deck Trailers