ATS patch 1.41 beta brings the multiplayer for everyone to test! After SCS kept it limited for a few people, you can now try it yourself. The American Truck Simulator multiplayer doesn’t really come as a surprise, as we’ve mentioned it in a previous post. It was also talked about on a podcast at the end of last year. Read along to see what is new in the game and how to update to this beta.
ATS multiplayer mod
SCS mentioned in their latest update post that it is pretty much still a work in progress feature. So if you try it, let them how it’s working for you on their official forum thread for this. Also many community American Truck Simulator mods will not work with this patch. Make sure you know what you’re doing before updating. Mod for ATS patch 1.41 will be found on our website.
In what form does the Multiplayer come? It comes as a Convoy Multiplayer Open Beta, a new game mode. Truckers can create their own private sessions where they can drive with others (up to 8 persons for now). As we mentioned before, the hard job of synchronizing stuff between players is a challenge. AI traffic, time and weather are shared between everyone and you can also take the same job as other players.
The admins of the session will have the ability to add rules, control the environment and kick players. Quick replies/phrases will also be a thing. Also here is a list of the features available for the players:
- Any player can host and create their own private sessions for up to 8 people
- Ability to haul the same contracts/jobs together from the same company and to the same destination
- Synchronized AI traffic, time and weather, paint jobs, truck accessories, cabin accessories, cargoes, and more
- Communicate with other drivers via CB radio broadcast (X key), quick replies (Q key), or text chat (Y key)
More ATS 1.41 features
- Convoy Multiplayer
- Time and weather adjustments in photo mode
- Quick Travel
- California Reskin part 1 including 7 Agricultural Stations and a road layout rework
- New icons in the map legend
If you want to take part in the ATS 1.41 open beta, go to your Steam library, right click the game, go to properties and select the public beta 1.41 from the Betas tab. Also follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with everything. American Truck Simulator also has lots of mods, explore them on our website. Until next time, keep on trucking!